|Indian Institute of Remote Sensing (IIRS), a unit under Indian Space Research Organization (ISRO), Department of Space, Government of India is a premier Training and Educational Institute set–up for developing trained professionals in the field of Remote Sensing, Geoinformatics and GNSS Technology for Natural Resources, Environmental and Disaster Management. While nurturing its primary endeavor to build capacity among the user community by training mid–career professionals, the Institute has enhanced its capability and evolved many training and education programmes that tuned to meet the requirements of various target user groups in the society, ranging from fresh graduates to policy makers including academia.|
|About IIRS Outreach Programme|
|IIRS Outreach Programme focusses on strengthening the Academia and User Segments in Space Technology & Its Applications using Online Learning Platforms. IIRS distance learning program was initiated in 2007 with the participation of twelve universities in India. Till date, IIRS has successfully conducted 101 programs through live and interactive classrooms (also known as EDUSAT programme) and also launched five online courses under e–learning programme. Currently IIRS distance learning programme is being conducted through following modes:
1. Live and Interactive classroom sessions
2. E–learning based online courses
|New Courses Announcement
(Between August 22-November 25)
|IIRS announces following courses commencing from August 22, 2022. The participants can register for either comprehensive course or individual modules (only three) of their choice.|
Basics of Remote Sensing, GIS and GNSS (22/08/2022 to 25/11/2022): Comprehensive course consisting of above five courses.
• Remote Sensing and Digital Image Analysis (22/08/2022 to 16/09/2022): Basic Principles of Remote Sensing, Earth Observation Sensors and Platforms, Spectral Signature of different land cover features, Image interpretation, Thermal & Microwave Remote Sensing, Digital Image Processing: Basic Concepts of Rectification and Registration, Enhancement, Classification and accuracy assessment techniques.
• Global Navigation Satellite System (19/09/2022 to 30/09/2022): Introduction to GPS and GNSS, receivers, processing methods, errors and accuracy.
• Geographical Information System (03/10/20212 to 28/10/2022): GIS, databases, topology, spatial analysis and open source software.
• Basics of Geocomputation and Geoweb Services (31/10/2022 to 04/11/2022): Geocomputation and Geoweb Services.
• RS and GIS Applications (14/11/2022 to 25/11/2022): Agriculture and Soil, Forestry and Ecology, Geoscience and Geo–hazards, Marine and Atmospheric Sciences, Urban and Regional Studies and Water Resources.
|Who can participate?|
|• Undergraduate and Postgraduate (any year)
• Technical/ Scientific Staff of Central/ State Government/Faculty/researchers at university/institutions
|Course Study Material|
|Course study materials like lecture slides pdf, video recorded lectures, open source software & handouts of demonstrations, etc. will be made available through e–class. Video lectures will also uploaded in IIRS Learning management system (E–CLASS) https://eclass.iirs.gov.in/login.|
|How to Register?|
|Course updates and other details will be available on URL– http://www.iirs.gov.in/Edusat–News/. Participants can register through institute or also go for individual registration.
• For Participation through Institute/ Universities/Institutes/Department:
|LIVE Programme Details|
|Programme can received live through E–CLASS platform of IIRS–ISRO or using IIRS Youtube Channel using internet connectivity. No specific hardware /software required. The content of the sessions will be available offline after 24 hours in the E–class portal.
(After Registration, you’ll get all details of your Course in your Email)
|IIRS Youtube Channel
|Certificate will be given on the basis of 70% attendance and 40% passing marks.|
|MyGov Quizzes: Govt. of India|
|Competitive Exam English Grammar Quizzes|
Most important link for career
Very useful course